A number of users prefer Microsoft Outlook application as it avails a rich-set of features. Alike all older editions, even Outlook 2016 PST files are susceptible to corruption. The damages or corruptions to the Outlook PST file will lead to deletion and inaccessibility to your important email items. Most common reasons that give rise to Outlook 2016 PST file corruption include the following-
- Sending or receiving Outlook 2016 PST file over a shared network
- Virus intrusion on the storage drive where Outlook 2016 data file is located
- Attempting to access Outlook 2016 PST using different/older versions of Outlook application
- Forcibly quitting the Outlook 2016 application during synchronization
- Shutting down the computer when Outlook app is in use
- Damage/corruption to the Outlook 2016 PST file headers
- Inappropriate way of upgrading the operating system
- Software conflicts and other Outlook errors
Repairing Outlook files via the Inbox Repair Tool(SCANPST)
If your Outlook 2016 PST file gets corrupted due to any of the above-stated reasons, then you need to fix the Outlook in order to access your Outlook profile further. Else, the access will be clogged. Now, to repair corrupt Outlook 2016 profile you might first opt the Inbox Repair Tool, an inbuilt fix available in Outlook. But, you need to remember a few things before you start to fix your broken PST file using Inbox Repair Tool.
- The tool cannot handle severe corruptions in Outlook. When it fails to fix the file, your data files will display some unreadable characters
- It works on original PST; thus you need to backup the file before the fixing process starts
- If you don’t backup PST file before the repair process, and if the corruption issue is not resolved then the data remains inaccessible
If you are finding it troublesome to fix the PST files on Outlook 2016 using the inbox repair tool (or scanpst.exe) then don't worry for any longer because there is another fine way of doing it. The Outlook Recovery Tool is the robust software that effectively scans and fixes the Outlook mailbox and retrieves all the Outlook data in a safe and sound manner. You can utilize this program even if the inbox repair failed to fix the corruption.
A perfect fix for corrupt Outlook 2016 PST file:
Now you can effortlessly repair Outlook 2016 PST file on any Windows-based computers including Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, etc. Along with repairing PST file the tool can recover deleted contacts from Outlook 2016 within a fraction of time. The program works in a read-only mode i.e. it reads the corrupted Outlook 2016 PST file, creates a replica and repairs it. Thus, it doesn’t modify your Outlook data file at any cost. Including MS Outlook 2016, this repair application supports all Outlook editions like 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, etc.
Note: Get more details on how to fix indexing error in Outlook 2007 using the Outlook Recovery Tool.
Procedure to repair corrupt Outlook 2016 PST file:
Step 1: Get Outlook Recovery Tool installed on your computer. On the main screen, select Open Default PST File- if you have multiple Outlook profiles, Select PST File Manually - If you know PST file location and Find all your PST Files- if you are not aware of PST file location.
Step 2: Choose a scan method (Normal Scan or Smart Scan) then continue to browse the drive location to create new Outlook profile.
Step 3: Click on the Repair button to initiate the fix process.
Step 4: In the final step, the software display the details of successful repair.