MS Outlook is used for both personal and business purpose. Outlook comes in the package along with Microsoft Office suite. Outlook is available in different editions like – Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2016 for the Windows Operating System. Outlook data files .ost are generally used when we have an Exchange account and opt to work offline or chose to use the default Cached Exchange mode. This type of data file is also used for accounts that we set up with the Outlook Connector foe Windows Live Hotmail. Outlook OST files are the copies of items that are saved on a mail server and don’t have to be backed up like .pst files.
The older versions of Microsoft Outlook like 2000 and 2003 have limited storage capacity of 2 GB. This resulted in slowness of Outlook. If the size exceeds you may face some errors like you cannot open or load OST file as the .ost file refuses to mount, sometimes you cannot add new data to the Outlook file or you can see various error message during the synchronization process. Sometimes error occurs if OST file is not synchronized with Exchange Server and may lead to corruption of your Outlook OST file. OST files are known as Offline Storage Files. OST files acts as a backup when the PST file gets corrupted, deleted or lost. Sometimes it may happen that there is a network problem or server crashes suddenly, then there is a chance of losing emails. But now you do not have to worry!! It’s very easy to recover MS Outlook files. In case your Outlook file gets corrupted you may get the following errors on your Windows screen-
- “Cannot open default folders. The file .ost is not an offline folder file”
- “Unable to expand folder. Quit all mail-enabled application.”
- “Encountered a large number of conflicting items” and many more.
If you have ever come across such errors then with this OST recovery tool you can also recover inbox files on Outlook. We shall now look into some other reasons of deletion and loss of OST file. There is less reason on how OST file gets deleted.
Reasons for deletion / loss of OST file –
The different reasons for deletion or loss of .ost files are as follows –
- Accidental Deletion
- File deletion due to antivirus scan
- Oversize OST files
- Corrupted Emails
We shall now look into the points more clearly and explain each one of them elaborately-
Accidental Deletion– Some of the OST files may get deleted accidentally by us either from Inbox or Sent Item folder. When we perform delete operation from any folder it gets dumped into the Deleted Item Folder, from which the .ost files can be restored. But what are we accidentally deleting it from the Deleted Item folder or empty the entire folder? How will you retrieve back those deleted folders? Do not worry; you can use free downloadable OST recovery tool and retrieve OST file contents with a great ease.
File deletion due to Antivirus Scan- This happens only when we run an antivirus program into our system to check for suspicious viruses. In case the Outlook OST has been infected by any type of vulnerabilities the specific file or folder gets deleted in the process of removal of viruses, after its deletion the common question arises is how to recover ost file contents. But you need not to get worried, since OST recovery tool can easily help you to get back Outlook OST file contents without any hassle. One can recover Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 OST file by using this tool.
Corrupt Emails- If your system is infected by virus, and then it may also contaminate your ost files and thereby may result into loss of ost files by damaging them either partially or entirely.
Oversize OST Files- This is another serious issue related to the loss of OST file as when we work offline on an OST file, it may happen that we run out of the size limit and save it. Later when we work on it we may find that only a part of the entire file was saved and rest are lost. This is the problem only with the older version of MS Outlook. Even in this case you can use Outlook recovery tool and retrieve OST file items.
Amazing features of the Outlook OST recovery tool -
- Using this OST recovery tool, user can even recover PST files in different versions of Microsoft such as 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- PST files that are compressed or encrypted can be recovered easily.
- You can recover deleted calendar and other items from Outlook with the help of this tool very easily. To know how to recover deleted calendar item from Outlook visit here: http://www.outlookrecovery-tool.com/deleted-calendar-items.html
- The application knows how to recover OST file on Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows7 and Windows XP etc
- It has the ability to restore OST file that has been protected with password.
Learn how to recover OST file:
Step 1: To retrieve OST file items download demo version of Outlook recovery tool software and install it on your computer and open its main window as shown in figure 1.
Figure 1: Main Window
Step 2: Browse and select the OST file from your computer as shown in figure 2.
Figure 2: Select OST File
Step 3: Lastly, you will see a popup window indicating your OST file is repaired as shown in figure 3.
Figure 3: List of Recovered Items
- Avoid using files in Outlook when System is freezes suddenly, and it is highly recommended to keep system virus / malware free.
- Installation of up graded software should be done properly.
- Always connect an UPS with your system so as to avoid power failure issues.